As an MS Outlook account holder, you must have gone through a lot of Outlook Errors due to reasons like PST file corruption, Outlook profile corruption, and etc. Among all those unwanted errors, Outlook Error 0x8004010F is one the most common one. This error code basically prevents you from sending or receiving emails from your Outlook mailbox.
Generally, when you use MS Outlook connecting to the exchange server, all your Outlook mailbox data gets stored in the file locally named as “Offline Storage Table”. This file comes into action when your exchange server meets the doldrums due to some technical issues or maintenance.
This Outlook Error tends to occur due to Outlook profile corruption. That is the reason when you are trying to send or receive an email, this Outlook Error hits your screen.
Reasons Behind Your Outlook Error 0x8004010F
There can be many reasons behind hampering an OST file. For example – virus attack, overgrown size, accidental shutdown and many more. But, one point that I missed was human errors. Yes, human errors can equally damage an OST file.
Wondering How Is That Possible?
Let’s take an instance, in the middle of work, you see this error code popping up on your screen while trying to send or receive an email.
“0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed”
“0x8004010F: The operating failed. An object could not be found”
While synchronizing an offline address book, during the time of your send/receive operation, you see this MAPI error. As per the tech experts, the primary causes behind this Outlook Error 0x8004010F are:
- OST file corruption
- Corrupted Outlook profile
- Changing the location of OST file on your system
- Copying of previous OST file from the older Outlook version after upgrading
Thus, because of these reasons, you get that obstacle while trying to send or receive an email.
Let’s Fix Your Outlook Error
Depending upon the real cause of your Outlook Error 0x8004010F, you can try out these easy solutions to fix it immediately.
Create a new Outlook Profile
In case, profile corruption is the reason behind your Outlook Error 0x8004010F, creating a new profile may work out for you. In order to perform this work, you can follow these steps:
Locate your Outlook default data file
- Go to the control panel and click on Mail
- Select Show profiles from “Mail Setup – Outlook”
- Choose your current Outlook profile and go to properties
- Now, you have to tap on the data files from “Mail Setup – Outlook”
- Navigate to the data files tab from “Account Settings” and note the location and name
- You can see your default profile denoted by a check mark
- Finally, close and exit
Auto-setup IMAP or POP3 email account
- Navigate to your control panel and click show profiles
- After selecting your current Outlook profile, select the Add button
- Type a name for your new profile in the dialogue box and click OK
- Here, you see the “Add New Account” dialogue box. Time to write your email info and tap on OK
- Finally, after the completion of the configuration, click on Finish
Configure the new Outlook profile as the default profile
After choosing the show profile, select the “Always use this profile” and click on the new profile from the drop-down. At last, click OK and your new profile is ready to go.
Finding It Feasible To Create Another Profile?
Sometimes, the PST files corruption may be the main culprit of your Outlook Error 0x8004010F. In that case, you need the PST recovery tool to fix this. Try Outlook PST Repair to get advanced algorithms and find specific items based on multiple criteria. If none of the methods works in your case, you should convert your OST file to the PST file. That might bring light to your Outlook error.
Still Stuck With The Outlook Error?
If you are unable to resolve the errors on your own, then you need to take a tech assistance. Looking for any further information? Reach out to our Microsoft Support Australia and resolve. Dial our Customer Support Number +1-855-622-0255 and get instant solutions. We have a dedicated pool of experts who are active all the day long to assist you. Live chat with them to get assistance remotely. You can also write us a mail and get a response from one of our experts in the short span of time.